Latest Exhibition Information
Screw and Barrel for Extruder manufacturers take you to understand why the extruder screw slips
The manufacturer of Screw and Barrel for Extruder said that many people want to know what are the reasons for the slippage of the plastic extruder screw? Here are six common reasons for you.
1. The back pressure is too high: If the back pressure is set too high, the pressure of the screw to transport the melt forward will be insufficient, and the screw will rotate in a certain direction without retreating, which will cause the temperature of the melt to rise and affect the quality of the finished product .
2. Overcooling or overheating in the second half of the feeding section: In the rear part of the feeding section, the material is prone to form a thin layer of molten polymer during the high temperature process. This thin layer is often attached to the barrel. Without this thin layer, the material is difficult to Ship forward. The material in the feeding section must reach an appropriate temperature. If the temperature is too low or too high, it will affect the formation of the molten film layer, causing the screw to slip or even stop.
3. Cylinder or screw wear: Like the feeding section, the material is easy to adhere to the barrel wall when the screw tightening section melts. When the screw rotates, the material will be transported forward due to the shear force. The manufacturer of Screw and Barrel for Extruder said that many people want to know that once the screw and barrel are worn out, the screw will not be able to transport materials well.
4. Improper design of the hopper: The main function of the hopper is to transport materials stably. If the design of the hopper is not suitable, it will easily lead to uneven feeding. Uneven feeding will cause uneven conveying pressure of the screw, resulting in slippage.
5. Processing of hygroscopic materials: The manufacturer of Screw and Barrel for Extruder said that many people want to know that if the material has moisture, it will reduce the viscosity of the material in the barrel and generate water vapor, which will make it difficult for the screw to transport the material and cause slippage.
6. Failure of the non-reverse ring: When the screw is rotating, the non-reverse ring should be in the front. If the non-reverse ring is backward, there will be resistance when the material moves, causing the screw to slip.
The reasons for the screw slippage of plastic extruders are introduced here. We can know that there are many reasons for screw slippage. The manufacturer of Screw and Barrel for Extruder said that many people want to know that when encountering screw slippage during work, they must carefully analyze and find out the reasons. I believe it will be very easy. Solve problems quickly.